Are you Concerned with glass breaking in an event of attempted break in or severe weather? 3M’s Safety & Security series are available to help hold the glass together, preventing flying shards, and deter thieves. 3M™’s Safety & Security provide protection against
- Smash & grab
- Break & entry events
- Terrorist bombings
- Industrial explosions
- Spontaneous glass breakage
3M’s safety and security films can be paired with any other 3M window film. If heat and glare is a concern in addition to increasing the safety of glass, we can install a safety & security series window film with a layer of sun control film. If you are in an office space in a building and want safety film on the front door and sidelight but also want clients to see your name, let us design and install a logo to go on top of the ultra series film.
- 28 micro-layers of strong, tear-resistant Ultra Series safety film with the additional heat rejection of the Prestige Series
- Allowing up to 70% of the visible light through the glass while rejecting up to 97% of the sun’s infrared rays
- Up to 42 micro-layers of strong, tear-resistant Ultra Safety film
- Proven paramount performance over traditional polyester films during blast & impact event
- Ultra Series provides protection on technology, not thickness
- 7, 8, and 14 mill polyester films provide standard protection
- 4 or 6 mill protection against graffiti “artists”
- Provides protection from etchings, scratches, and tagging – perfect exterior glass or mirrors
- Anchoring the film to the window frame to increase protection – even providing protection against bomb blasts
- Highest level of protection, outperforming film alone
3M with third parties have completed testings which allow the films to meet different GSA levels, and ANSI, ASTM, ASHRAE standards. With two different thicknesses of the Ultra seris and attachment systems, a sales representative can help decide which film is best or needed to meet different regulations.
The most vulnerable part of any building is the window. Unfortunately, theifs and terrorists know this, so that tends to be the first point of entry. With industry standard safety film, the structure of the film is composed of conventional film grade polyester designed to hold broken glass onto the film. The safety series, although not as productive as the Ultra Series, can be used to prevent flying shardes of glass in case of an emergency and help hold the glass together during an attempted smash and grab.
3M’s safety and security films can be paired with any other 3M window film. If heat and glare is a concern in addition to increasing the safety of glass, we can install the ultra series window film with a layer of suncontrol film. If you are in an office space in a building and want safety film on the front door and sidelight but also want clients to see your name, let us design and install a logo to go ontop of the ultra series film.